We are Glowsure Limited trading as Glowsure Insurance Brokers.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when we collect personal information about you including when you visit our website at www.glowsure.co.uk.
How we will use the information you give us.
- We will only use your information on the basis that it is necessary to administer your insurance contract or help you make a claim. Where we need to pass information to other firms, it will only be for that purpose. These firms will be insurers, other insurance intermediaries, credit check agencies and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or administer our records.
- When we contact you, it will either be for the above reason, or because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products. For any other marketing it will only be with your consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe easily at any time.
- If we have to transfer information to a third country outside the EU, we will only do so if a similar level of protection applies.
- If we need to obtain information which is by nature sensitive, we will only do so on the basis that it is in the public interest – for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to make sure insurance is available.
What type of personal information do we process?
- We may collect and process the following personal data;
- Individual details – including name, address, date of birth and contact details. We may also require other personal data which may include details of members of your family, lifestyle, finances, business or education
- Financial information – including payment card number, bank account number and account details and credit history
- Risk information – information about the insured risk, this might include personal data and other special categories of personal data such as health information, medical history, race or origin and details of criminal convictions including driving offences
- Policy information – information about quotes or policies you have obtained
- Claims – information about previous or current claims, this may include health information, criminal records data and other special categories of personal data (as described in the Risk information above)
- Website usage – including details of your visits to our websites and information collected through cookies (click here for cookies information and details of the cookies our website uses) and other tracking technologies, including, but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access
- We will only collect what is necessary and will protect it with appropriate security measures. We will only keep it for as long as we are required to do in line with our data retention policy. You can ask us for a copy of this.
How do we obtain your information?
- We may gather it from information that you or members of your family submit to our website, by telephone, face to face, email or by written correspondence.
- We may receive it from insurers, other insurance intermediaries, firms handling claims, credit check agencies or third parties (including adjusters, solicitors, claimants), open electoral registers and other publicly available information or a third party that introducers business to us. It includes finance providers and firms that process or store our records.
What are your legal rights?
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk or tel 0303 123 11132.
- You can obtain a copy of your personal information from us without charge by contacting us at the address above. This may include the right to transfer information to other providers.
- You have the right to ask us to correct information.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our document retention policy.
- You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.
How to contact us
- You can contact us the following ways; email – email@example.com, tel – 01730 239387,
writing – Wallops Wood Farm, Sheardley Lane, Droxford, Hampshire, SO32 3QY
- Contact for queries is; Rebecca Haynes or Wesley Haynes.
Changes to our privacy policies
26/04/18 – Updated in line with the GDPR legislation
18/09/18 – Updated to include mention of credit check agencies
26/10/18 – Contact us address changed
06/03/23 – Contact us address updated