Meet Glowsure’s Senior Client Manager
Tell us a bit about yourself
- Born and raised in Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire (before it was ‘Royal’).
- Followed Swindon Town FC around the country and abroad (well, if you include the Isle of Wight…)
- Followed my girlfriend to Portsmouth where I am now settled with a wife (same girlfriend) and my son, Frankie.
- I enjoy time with (and without) my family – and am particularly happiest when the sun is shining and the BBQ is on.
How did you start in Insurance?
I began as an apprentice at 21 working in my local insurance broker where I grew up, following a failed attempt at a university degree and becoming a professional football coach.
I quickly realised that if I was going to be good at something, it may as well be insurance; and I continue to strive to be the best at my adopted profession.
What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Thoroughly nice chap.
Who or what inspires you?
Socrates: “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less”.
What would you most like to achieve in life?
- Work for Glowsure (tick)
- Build foundations for my son to overcome his disabilities and live an independent and fulfilling life
- Play a round of golf in under 80 strokes
- Never see a cloud again
What gets you enthused about getting up and coming to work every morning?
To try and change perceptions about insurance. I believe in insurance for the right reasons, and I am passionate about providing the right solutions for our clients and giving the best advice – not just the cheapest price.
There will always be a place for strong community business relationships, and I hope to build on this at Glowsure and enhance the good work and values that the team have already worked so hard to achieve.
If you didn’t love working at Glowsure so much and you won the lottery what would you do?
Buy a yacht and sail around the Mediterranean. Repeat.
If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
Time travel so I could go back to the 80’s!
Tell us one interesting/weird fact about yourself
I have a twin sister (who doesn’t look like me…).