Working in cold weather puts enormous strain on your body. To fight back, try these cold-weather safety tips while working on the job:
- Securely tie down or weigh down supplies so they are safe from gusts of wind.
- Be careful in high wind and be aware of potentially slippery surfaces.
- Take frequent breaks in warm, dry shelters to allow your body to warm up.
- Sweep water out of passageways inside buildings that are under construction to avoid slipping.
- Clean off and sand work surfaces covered by ice or snow to prevent falling.
- Use the ‘buddy system’ – always work in pairs.
- Drink warm, sweet beverages, like sugar water or sport drinks and avoid caffeinated drinks like coffee, tea, fizzy drinks and hot chocolate.
- Eat warm, high-calorie foods like hot pasta.
[idz_button url=”/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Safety-Spotlight-Winter-Weather-Safety.pdf” color=”green” size=”medium” type=”round” target=”_blank”] Download the full article to find out more [/idz_button]